March 11, 2010

Dying sucks

This post doesn't have anything to do with clarinet...or music on the other hand. This morning I waltzed into work, excited that my boss was off today (not that I plan on doing anything different, ha). I open up my email, and open up the university bulletin that we get every day (which I always read, sometimes there are interesting things in it). Today through that bulletin, I found out that the senior clerk in the ESM registrar's office passed away suddenly on Sunday.

Now, I was a work study student in the financial aid office for a year and a half, which is basically in the same office as the registrar, and this particular person was one of my favorite people there. She was always asking me how I was, and if I was doing anything new with clarinet, etc. She always showed a genuine interest in my life although she barely knew me. I always enjoyed chatting with her, she was one of those people that I felt like I had known my entire life. I was absolutely shocked and extremely saddened when I found out about her death.

I just recently (last week) applied for a job in the ESM registrar's office. One of the many many many things that attracted me to the job was the possibility of working with her. It makes me so sad to think that I won't get that chance, and that my friends in that entire office will be faced with a hole in their daily lives that can never be filled. She was such a wonderful person to be around, she will be sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment