July 2, 2010

waiting and gigging and no teaching

Quick update: I'm still processing for the Navy...bleh, this is turning out to be a pain in the butt! I was hopefully going to be going to Buffalo to take the ASVAB test and do my physical, but my medical documentation delayed things. I had some surgery back in 2007 and they needed more documentation...oooooof course. And of course my recruiter didn't tell me this until I showed up to leave on Friday afternoon! Annoying.....especially because I had taken a half day at work. So now I have to do the test and the physical separate because I cannot take any more time off of work.

Luckily they give the ASVAB test at the National Guard here in Rochester, and I was supposed to go on Tuesday...welll that didn't happen. I needed to be there by 4:45, and I got off work at 4:30. Ya. And of course it was near the airport where there are NO street signs (who's idea was that?) and I got lost. I didn't actually find the place until after 5, so I knew they weren't going to let me in. So that sucked. But luckily they give the test every week, so I can try again next week. And now I know where it is, LOL! And now that all my medical documentation is in, I FOR SURE will be going for my physical on July 10...and if everything goes well I'll be getting a ship date for boot camp! Yay! I am so ready to get this show on the road...

Oh and I got a playing gig for the summer! Its nonpaid, but I don't really care, I'm just excited to play with a group again. I need some motivation! Final Fantasy 13 is starting to take hold of my free time, haha! More info to come.

Unfortunately, my entire studio (uhh...two people, but sounds more dramatic this way) quit for the summer. So that is a couple hundred bucks a month that I'm missing out on now. So that means I have to really watch my spending because my total bills every month pretty much equals my total income from the hospital (basically I was earning spending money teaching lessons). So the sooner the Navy comes, the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment