November 6, 2011

My first week

This week was my first week at my band.  It was awesome!  I'm going to love it :)  It was a short week, because the band had liberty on Monday and Tuesday, so my official first day wasn't until Wednesday.  Basically, all I did all week was check in with people and practice.  That's it!  I'm not on any gigs for a week or two, so I get to spend most of my time practicing for awhile.  Pretty sweet deal if you ask me!  The band gave me a brand new Buffett Prestige to play for indoor gigs, and a really old (circa 1998) greenline R-13 outdoor gigs.  The greenline actually plays really well considering it looks like its been through hell and back.  The prestige is very nice, although it is brand new, and plays brand new.  I need to break it in a little.  At this point, the greenline plays a little better than the prestige!

Its always hard starting a new job, just because I don't know anyone.  Its always so awkward!  And the band is sooooo much more laid back than the school!  Everyone goes by first names now!  And I can't believe how much little time we spend at work.  Granted, I haven't started on gigs yet, but I have a feeling I'm going to have a lot of spare time on my hands!

In other news, Ben and I got a puppy!  Meet little Mojo :)

He's a chihuahua, and we got him from some friends of ours in Rochester.  He is going to be a great addition to our family!




No comments:

Post a Comment